Monday, November 22, 2010

Book Review- Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, by Scott Cunningham

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practioner, by Scott Cunningham

What a great book!  It definately is making me reevaluate my stance on Wicca.  I had basically decided that Wicca wasn't for me. 

I am a Solitary Eclectic Pagan Witch.  That is the title that I am still sticking with (as if I really need an official label). 

I had read that Wicca was all about being duo-polytheistic, meaning that Wiccans worship 2 deities, the God and the Goddess, and that their basic belief is that God and Goddess have several different forms.

I believe in many Gods and Goddesses.  I am very polytheistic.  However...  I really love Wicca!  At least as it is described in this book. 

Really, it feels natural for me, everything that I read.  I want to read the follow up to this: Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, by Scott Cunningham as soon as possible.  

I highly recommend this book, especially for beginners, and for anyone interested in learning more about Wicca as a religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment