Thursday, November 11, 2010

My first circle

I cast my first circle last night.  I also said a blessing and asked Aradia and the Lord and Lady for guidance, focus, and clarity.  This was my first spell, and it was a very simple one.

I had learned about circle casting from several different sources.  The reason that I finally cast one last night is inspiration from an article on Witchvox.com:  Casting a Circle: the basics

This article opened my eyes to how simple this could be.  I had been thinking that I had a lot to do before casting my first circle.  I thought that I would have to buy some ceremonial things.  Now I know that it can be done with NO SUPPLIES.  All I need is pureness in my heart and mind.

I started by thanking the Gods and Goddesses, and asking for their blessings on my circle.  Then I sat down and did my first grounding.

I then held my hand out with a paring knife (my ceremonial athame for the time being) to the East, then to the South, then to the West, and finally to the North.  I had a white tea candle with me for the spell.

I put my hands in prayer position and bowed deeply, then sat down.  My head felt light, my body felt filled with light and blessings.

When I opened my eyes, I could see the circle protecting me.  It was beautiful.  I carved the word "focus" onto the tea candle with my knife.  I asked Aradia and the Lord and Lady to help guide me, to give me focus and clarity as I begin this Wiccan journey.  Then I lit the candle.

I made it my intent that I would find the inner clarity that I needed by the time the candle was finished burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment